Love my kids

Love my kids
Afternoon at Disney

Thursday, July 9, 2015

4th of July

So I like everything the 4th stands for and all but let me be honest: 4th of July celebrations in Florida suck!

First it is so so so hot! It's Florida. In July. It's not just the heat, it's the humidity too. Makes for a miserable day!

Just when you think the heat can't get any worse the storms roll in....Not just any storms either...it's like God is literally aiming for people with the lightning strikes. Oh and before the storms start you spend a few hours wondering when they're gonna start & when to hurry and put the food away.

Speaking of food, I'm lucky enough to be married into a family of great cooks. The only problem being it's almost too hot to enjoy anything. I said almost....I did enjoy several ears of grilled corn! The cheesy potatoes, baked beans, Mac & cheese &t grilled meats while equally as tasty where just to hot & heavy to eat too much of.

That brings us to fireworks! What should be the best ending to the night! What you may ask is wrong with fireworks in Florida? Nothing, except that no matter who does the fireworks for the 4th they cannot even begin to compare with the fireworks Magic Kingdom does 365 days a year!!! Once you've seen those several dozen (ok more) times the fireworks bar gets set pretty high!

The final thing that makes me not enjoy the 4th of July is that it seams like after the 4th summer is on a downward 
spiral. But of course I know it's not, I do after all live in central FL where summer last from March til November.